- You may be given medication to clear your artery. This is called thrombolysis.
- You may have an operation to unblock the artery. This is called thrombectomy or endovascular clot retrieval (ECR).
- Doctors and nurses may give you medication to slow down or stop the bleeding in your brain.
- You may need an operation to remove blood, relieve pressure or repair an artery in your brain.
- You may also need treatment for medical problems that caused your stroke.
After a stroke, most people need to take medication for the rest of their life. Your doctor may prescribe:
- Blood pressure lowering medication
- Cholesterol lowering medication
- Blood thinning medication.
Always talk with your doctor before you:
- Stop taking a medicine
- Change how much you take.